We've got your back
let's get started today!
Nationwide Insurance Serves You Across The Nation
See Our Service Areas
Read Our Case Studies

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know how much to insure my home for?

It is important to realize that homeowner's insurance policies are designed to replace your home after a loss occurs. That said, it is always best to speak with your Allied agent to determine the correct insurance value of your home. It is not uncommon for the insurance replacement value of your home to be different from the market value. All of our Allied agents have access to our cost estimator tool which will help determine the most accurate insurance value for what is likely your biggest asset. 

What is full coverage auto insurance?

A very common question. Essentially there are two parts to auto insurance .First, is the liability portion. Liability is required by law and will payout to others for damages you have caused. Second, is comprehensive and collision coverage. It is the addition of comprehensive and collision coverage that makes a policy a "full coverage" policy. In its simplest form, full coverage is protection for your vehicle. If you were to cause an accident or hit a foreign object, the comprehensive and collision coverage would allow you the ability to file a claim and have your car repaired. For Example comprehensive coverage would cover theft of a vehicle or hitting an animal on the road. Collision coverage would cover an everyday accident with another vehicle or backing into a post for instance. Without comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, you would have what is called a "liability only" policy. 

Does having all of my insurance with one company really make a difference?

Absolutely! Most people are aware that bundling your auto, home, and life insurance with one company will give you additional discounts. But there are quite a bit more perks to bundling than just the savings. Most notably is during a claim that involves both your home and auto. If you have two separate companies it is not uncommon for that claim to take a longer amount of time while the companies' battle out who should pay the claim. On top of the savings and claims convenience, Allied will also provide the Allied Extras (hyperlink) at no charge simply for bundling your home and auto insurance. 

How do traffic violations and accidents affect my insurance rates?

Nearly all insurance companies will take into account traffic violations and accidents when determining an auto insurance rate. Essentially, violations and accidents are used as indications of the likelihood that a claim will occur in the future. The good news is that most violations and accidents are only taken into account for 3 years. After this time the incidents are no longer ratable. As an added benefit, Allied now offers minor violation and accident forgiveness to avoid rate increases should a violation or accident occur. These coverage options will ensure your rate does not increase as a result of minor citation or accident. 

Can a driver's grades really affect the cost of insurance?

Yes, a young driver's grades can have a big affect on the cost of insurance. Drivers under the age of 25 who carry a 3.0 or higher GPA qualify for the good student discount. Allied will actually apply the discount even if a 3.0 GPA is obtained for only one semester. In most cases this discount can account for pretty big savings and is worth the effort! 

My policy does not renew any time soon, can I still switch my insurance to Allied?

A customer has the right to change insurance companies whenever they choose. So even if your home, auto, or life policy is nowhere near the end of its term, you can still switch to Allied without complication. To make the change even easier, you will be refunded any over payments to your other insurance company. It is always a good time to switch to Allied! 

Is it important to have an agent?

Yes! Working with an insurance agent is a great way to protect your assets and family by determining the exact coverage that you need. Agents work for their customers, not insurance companies. Having an insurance agent allows you the ability to have an insurance professional working for you to ensure you are always getting the most you can from an insurance company. Whether it is the best possible claims experience or finding additional discounts, your agent is there for you. Call 1-888-688-1446 to get started with your Allied Agent today! 

Do I need insurance limits higher than the state minimum requirements?

Every customer's need is different. However, in most cases the state minimum limits are simply not enough protection. Did you know, if you do not have high enough liability limits to cover a claim you could be looking at paying the difference out of your own pocket? Without high enough coverage you are putting your assets and financial future at risk. Most of the time, the savings on your insurance does not outweigh the benefits you will get from better coverage. 

If I use my car for work, will my policy cover me?

Driving your car to and from work is just fine. However, if you regularly use your car for work related appointments or tasks; you may need to add business use to your policy. In some cases a true commercial auto insurance policy may be needed. It is always best to consult your insurance agent regarding the use of your vehicle to make sure it is correctly covered. If you advertise your business on your vehicle, it is time to get a commercial policy. 

Do I need renter's insurance?

Just because you do not own your own home does not mean you do not have a need for insurance. Renter's insurance is an inexpensive way to protect your belongings as well as yourself while renting a home or apartment. In addition to covering your personal property, a renter's policy will protect you if inadvertent damage is caused to your rental home, apartment, or surrounding apartments. For the cost, no renter should be without it. 

Is an umbrella policy right for me?

An umbrella policy is a great way to protect you and your loved ones. This coverage will offer extended liability coverage over your existing policies to ensure your personal assets and finances are not in jeopardy should a claim occur. An umbrella policy is very affordable and offers you coverage all over the world. Ask your Allied agent how an umbrella policy can protect you and your family! 

Does my auto policy cover me in a rental car?

Yes, Allied policies will extend to rental cars. But, it is important to understand the policy you have in place to know exactly how that coverage will transfer. If you have a liability only auto policy and your rent a vehicle, only that liability will be transferred. This means there will be no coverage for the rental car should you cause an accident. If this is the case, it is best to consider the coverage offered by the rental car company. If you have a full coverage auto policy, both the liability and comprehensive and collision coverage will transfer to your rental car. This means you will have coverage for the rental car in the event of an accident you cause. However, that claim will then follow you on your insurance for the next 3 years which will ultimately affect your insurance rates. Even with a full coverage policy, it is a good idea to consider the coverage offered from the rental car company. By accepting the coverage from the rental company you would ensure that any claim would not affect the rates on your personal insurance and the rental car would still have coverage. It is important to note that loss of use is not covered on an auto insurance policy by Allied and most carriers. It is always best to speak with your Allied Agent before renting a car to determine the best action to take.